Triple Chocolate Brownies
I am really glad to have known Lai Kuan from Food for Tots through her blog. It wasn’t too long ago that Lai Kuan invited me to be a guest on her blog. I agreed immediately! I thought it was a great honour to be featured on her blog! Lai Kuan is another talented Malaysian food blogger who currently resides in Singapore. I really love her style of cooking. And the idea behind her blog is just wonderful – simple and healthy recipes that are suitable for toddlers!
Lai Kuan and I couldn’t escape the temptation of chocolate, hence, we agreed to share the recipe of Triple Chocolate Brownies! Please hop over to Food for Tots for my guest post and the recipe for triple chocolate brownies! Again, Lai Kuan, thank you very much for this opportunity to feature on your blog! It has been a great pleasure to know you! 🙂
For the Triple Chocolate Brownies:
150g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
200g plain choc0late, chopped
175g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
75g plain flour, sifted
100g white chocolate, cut into 5mm-1cm chunks
100g milk chocolate, cut into 5mm-1cm chunks
Cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Grease and line the based and 2 sides of a 20cm square cake tin with 1 piece of baking paper (this makes the brownie easy to lift out of the cake tin).
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water) and heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove the bowl from the pan and cool slightly.
3. Using electric beaters, beat the caster sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time, until the mixture is well combined. Then, add the sifted plain flour and beat until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the white and milk chocolate chunks.
4. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the brownie comes out with a few moist crumbs.
5. Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing the brownie from the tin using the paper as handles. Cut into 20 squares and serve dusted with cocoa powder.
Brownies – one of my favorite things. Warm from the oven with a little vanilla ice cream is one the best treats. See you used the good stuff chocolate wise, so absolutely worth it!
Vanilla ice cream is definitely a good idea!
This looks absolutely fantastic. Love brownies. Phenomenal photos.
Thanks Divina. 🙂
Lee Mei, thank you so much for being my guest post! You are so generous with your words. Hope we will meet one day in person…somewhere…..somehow….. and don't forget to bring along this gorgeous gift! 😉
No worries, LK! It would be nice if we could meet 😉 Of course I will bring the brownies 🙂
Wonderful job on the brownies, Lee Mei! And definitely I will hop over to F4T. TRIPLE chocolate bownies!! How not to sit up and take notice? 😉
Heheehe.. I thought the name of the brownies is cathy too!
That is a dense brownie for you and a serious sugar fix!!!! Great post and photo!!!
I need sugar fix esp in the morning… thanks for your kind words 🙂
oh you are bad!! TRIPLE chocolate – what a tease. they look decadent!
I know…. 😉
It's a great pleasure for me too! Thank you for the link to her blog…
Oh MY WORD!!! now we are talking!!! only Question now is where is mine?
In my stomach! 😛
Can I have a piece of that brownie? Is there any left?
Of course you can have a piece… 🙂
Absolutely mouthwatering! I'm in love with your photography style 🙂
Thanks for dropping by and your comment! 🙂
Who doesn't love brownies so rich like this. Seriously wishing I could have a slice of this! Hey LeeMei, I tried your madeleines recipe & I loved it, although I didn't use the traditional madeleine mould. Need to go buy one, Anyway, I mentioned & linked your blog to mine. Again, thanks for the recipe!
It is really nice actually, brownies with a cup of tea or even a glass of soya milk
I am glad that you tried my Madeleines recipe and turned out great! I love Madeleines a lot and make them from time to time. I hope you will find the mould without problems. I have 3 moulds, which I could borrow you one if you stay next door.. hehehe. By the way, thanks for the link. 😉
oh my gosh! that looks so good! beautiful pictures as always!
Thanks for your comment! 🙂
Brownies are delicious already, but made with Valrhona… Luxurious!
Valrhona is such good quality of chocolate … 🙂
Sure!! Let me know how it turn out!
Ooh gorgeous pictures =) I wish my shots came out like that! House too dark and no external flash.. sigh.. Your pictures are making me hungry!