Moelleux Au Chocolat (Molten Chocolate Cake)
I am obsessed with anything related to kitchen – gadget, tableware, glassware, pots and pans… etc, you name it, I love it! A lot of times, I got told off when I kept buying stuff that I said would be for the kitchen but ended up as my props. Ok, I have to admit that not all time that things end up as my props! There were times when I bought stuff meant for day-to-day use, which I call essentials for the kitchen.
I love kitchen and I think it is the heart of a home where you cook and entertain. Though all parts are equally important. But, for me, my kitchen has to always be tidy and well-equipped. (I think mine is more than well-equipped, ehehe!) I wish to have a bigger kitchen, hopefully one day! 🙂
So, back to the topic about stuff in the kitchen. For 2 consecutive years, I got some kitchen items as my Christmas presents. They are not essentials but ‘nice to have’. So, a Christmas present that I got 2 years ago was sitting in the drawer neatly and never used. I finally took it out and used it. It’s a really nice present. It came in a box with a book and 4 baking rings. It’s a specialised cookbook that contains only recipes of Moelleux au Chocolat also known as Molten Chocolate Cake!
I am not a die-hard chocolate fan but I welcome dessert like Moelleux au Chocolat. Yes, I am a complicated person and might contradict myself. I find it weird. I don’t want to give people the wrong idea that I absolutely love chocolate that I would go for anything that contains chocolate. Perhaps, I am just picky. I love eating only certain chocolates and when comes to dessert, I will choose Moelleux au Chocolat given Chocolate Mousse is another option. Are you with me? Perhaps it’s the texture, its richness and the satisfaction that you get while eating it.
Anyway, this fantastic book is called “Moelleux & Coeurs Coulants”, published by Marabout. There are more than 30 recipes! I tried only one of them and I’m loving it! I tried the very basic and easiest one which turned out really yummy, just how it was supposed to be – with a runny centre – oh, very tempting!!I t’s a great recipe as each cake turned out amazingly yummy and pretty! I am going to try other variations soon!
For the Moelleux Au Chocolat (Molten Chocolate Cake):
50g brown sugar
1 tbsp flour
140g dark chocolate (70% of cacao), chunkily cut
110g butter, cubed
3 tbsp single cream
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C. Cut the baking paper big enough to put each around the inner side of the baking ring to avoid the cake sticking.
2. Mix the eggs and brown sugar, whisk until it becomes creamy and pale. Add the flour and continue to mix until combine.
3. Put the dark chocolate, butter and single cream in a heat-proof bowl. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan big enough for the bowl to sit on. Stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter are melted.
4. Pour in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, stir continuously until the the mixture is well combined and smooth.
5. Divide equal portion into each baking ring and bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until the cake is slightly spongy when touched.