Thanks to Bee at Rasa Malaysia for featuring me for the second time as a guest writer! This time, I have cooked a famous Japanese dish – Teriyaki Chicken. Teriyaki chicken is one of my favourite Japanese recipes that I will order whenever I go to a Japanese restaurant. I love the sweetness of the Teriyaki sauce. Teriyaki chicken goes well with a bowl of boiled rice or a over a bed of salad leaves.
300g deboned chicken thighs
1 tbsp sake
4 tbsp soy sauce
4-5 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a bowl, put in sake, soya sauce, mirin and sugar. Mix well and marinate the chicken in it for about 20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, brown both sides of the chicken thighs and leave until cooked.
3. Pour in the teriyaki sauce that was used to marinate chicken in the pan and continue to cook until the chicken has glazed and covered the chicken.
4. Remove the pan from heat, serve on a plate and drizzle any remaining sauce from the frying pan.
5. Serve the teriyaki chicken with boiled rice or salad leaves.